The Center for Continuing Education and Special Competencies in line with the Mapua Institute of Technology's mission, aims to provide lifelong learning opportunities that enhance professional skills & develop intellectual potential.
- CCESC envisions to be recognized as one of the leading provider for both non-professional engineering and IT education and premier certifications.
- It will not only impart knowledge but also build a workforce of skilled individuals.
- It foresees technologically progressive method of training and learning in the course of innovative approach.
The Center for Continuing Education and Special Competencies (CCESC), formerly the Continuing Education Program (CEP), was established in 1986 to provide supplemental course programs in computer application to Mapua students.
The success of its initial course offerings bolstered CCESC's resolve to expand its programs by introducing non-conventional and computer-based learning instructions covering advanced courses in engineering, IT related programs (hardware and software applications), and review modules for engineering licensure exams.
Further through successful tie-up with world-leading IT institutions, CCESC has gained accreditation as a training center for the delivery of Cisco Networking Academy Program, HP-UX, Microsoft, Macromedia and as a testing center for Sylvan-Prometric.
With its vision of becoming a premier center for non-conventional learning, CCESC aims to utilize all technological breakthroughs, and through innovative and state-of-the-art instructions, raise the level of proficiency and global competitiveness of Mapua graduates in particular and Filipino IT professionals in general.
- To serve as the training ground for engineers and IT professionals.
- To serve as the training center of Mapua.
- To develop certified and proficient trainers/lecturers who will ensure its sustainability.
- To promote a better place to work with and to provide a reasonable compensation and benefits to employees.
- To increase profit margins by satisfying customer needs and continuously addressing their concerns.
- To develop an effective system of enrolment for its courses, monitoring progress and evaluation.
- To seek further advancements and continue develop/create programs which will suit the changing needs of today's internet driven economy.
- To delight clients by creating an atmosphere of professionalism and promoting good customer relations.